For my next challenge quilts, I am working on 4 quilts (blocks at this point) that I am going to put together. I want to do an Andy Warhol tribute. I have some batiks I did of Samantha and me a few years back and I never knew what to use them for. Since they are similar to his color block prints, I am going to use them that way. The first problem I faced was getting the wax out of them... they were thick with it and it took a LOT of boiling to get it out. I know I lost some depth of color in the boiling but to stitch them they could not be wax blobs. They are proving almost impossible to photograph with my "smart" camera... it ain't too smart sometimes or maybe its me!! I cannot get a good focus... Just for the record, here are 2 and 3.
I have always been an artist and with art quilts I have found a way to combine my two loves of painting and textiles.